GnuCash 2.2.0 under Windows (problems -- much more information)

John Roberts textpxy at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 4 02:14:08 EDT 2007

FYI, I'm having the "failure to lauch" issue running as administrator.  I
don't think it's a permissions issue, since the load process seems to
progress to subsequent steps after very long delays.

My hunch is that there's a problem with communication bewteen
gnucash-bin.exe and gconfd-2.exe, which eventually times out... then
subsequent attempts at communication also time out.  And the whole thing
basically sits there for many hours.