Period total in the chart of accounts?

Chris Shoemaker c.shoemaker at cox.net
Sat Aug 4 14:58:50 EDT 2007

On Sat, Aug 04, 2007 at 09:48:57AM -0500, Charles Duffy wrote:
> Under Preferences/Accounting Period, I have the start and end dates set
> to be relative to the current month. I'd like to have, in addition to
> the overall total column on the chart of accounts, a column which shows
> only the delta for the current month; that way, for instance, I could
> glance at the row for Expenses:Discretionary Spending:Charles and know
> immediately where I stand for the month.

If I understand what you're describing, it's just another one of the
optional columns that you can add to the CoA by clicking on that
symbol at the far right of the table header.  I think it's called
something like "Balance (period)".

If you're asking about something else, it's not too hard to add.  I'd
say it's a good introductory project to GnuCash hacking.  Start by
building from source, of course.

-chris