File Format Issue

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Mon Aug 13 09:19:33 EDT 2007

"Ed P" <paq237 at gmail.com> writes:
> Anyway, loaded the now 2.1.x version of data into 2.0 and didn't see
> immediate issues (I don't use any scheduled transactions).  I did
> notice, however, that each account was now prefixed with "Root
> Account:".  All balances, etc seem to be just fine, but it's just
> annoying having to enter "Root Account" before each of my accounts.
>
> While I'm prepared to simply strike balances and forward them over in
> a pristine 2.2 revision of data file, I would prefer to "fix" my
> existing file.
>
> Any suggestions as to how this could be done?

I'm not 100% familiar with the way (the feature relating to) the Root Account
was implemented.

I think if you hand-edit your data-file to remove this Root account (and all
references to it's GUID, specifically the <act:parent> refs in the other
top-level accounts) it should work.  If you feel this adventurous, be sure to
test the change on a throw-away copy of your data file first.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}