Setting type size in printed reports?

Jean-David Beyer jeandavid8 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 13 22:51:48 EDT 2007

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Jean-David Beyer <jeandavid8 at verizon.net> writes:
>
>> I have Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 running GnuCash gnucash-2.0.5-3.1.el5.
>> When I print reports using Technicolor style, they come out too big. They
>> fit the paper OK, but they really are too big, and I can not find out where
>> to set the font or size of the printing.
>
> Do other styles work?

No. They all look OK on the screen, but not on the printer.
The Default looks different on the screen and on the printer from the other
two, but too big in either case. The Easy and Technicolor look identical on
the screen, and are identical on the printer as well. HP photosmart 7260 if
that matters.

>> When running RHEL3 and some 1.8 version of GnuCash, it printed the "correct"
>> size. W[h]ere is the setting for this?

I infer there is none in GnuCash.

> Well, 1.8 and 2.x use different versions of gtkhtml
>
> Please read the archives, this has been discussed multiple times.

I did that, and I infer that they think monkeying around with
gnome-control-center should fix it. I tried that, and can make lots of
changes in font size, font, and so on. These all work on the screen, but
none of them make any difference on the printout.

It always prints with a Serif, even though the font requested (and displayed
on the screen is Sans. I change the size from 8 point to 16 point, and see
the corresponding changes on the screen, but not on the printer.

 ^^-^^ 22:25:01 up 5 days, 1:47, 1 user, load average: 4.34, 4.29, 4.21