Scheduled Transaction Editor Query

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Wed Aug 15 09:57:25 EDT 2007

"Graeme Nichols" <gnichols5 at gmail.com> writes:
> Opening the Scheduled Transaction Editor and clicking the 'New' button I am
> presented with the form to complete. Having completed all the necessary
> fields and clicking 'OK' I am presented with an error dialogue that states
> that 'Scheduled Transactions without a template transaction cannot be
> automatically created.' Fair enough, I suppose. However, why is this so? Is
> it necessary to "schedule" a transaction that has already been entered in
> the ledger?

No, one can create a Scheduled Transaction [SX] from scratch.  I don't recall
the "cannot create an SX without a template transaction", though if that
exists, it was a bug.

2.2.0 doesn't exhibit this behavior.

> Secondly, if I want to create a scheduled transaction that occurs only once
> I get the error dialogue that states 'You have attempted to create a
> Scheduled Transaction which will never run. Do you really want to do this?'
> even though the scheduled date is two weeks in the future. Again, why is
> this and how does one overcome this?

Heh, this was brought up on IRC just yesterday.  There was – apparently – a
bug in Once handling in 2.0.5.  A good workaround is to schedule a
whatever-frequency SX with a "Repeats For 1 occurrence." setting.

2.2.0 fixes frequency=Once handling, as well.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}