Scheduled Transaction Editor Query

Graeme Nichols gnichols5 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 01:27:09 EDT 2007

Hello Folks,

I have a question regarding creating a 'New' scheduled transaction or one
that is to occur only once in the future.

Opening the Scheduled Transaction Editor and clicking the 'New' button I am
presented with the form to complete. Having completed all the necessary
fields and clicking 'OK' I am presented with an error dialogue that states
that 'Scheduled Transactions without a template transaction cannot be
automatically created.' Fair enough, I suppose. However, why is this so? Is
it necessary to "schedule" a transaction that has already been entered in
the ledger?

Secondly, if I want to create a scheduled transaction that occurs only once
I get the error dialogue that states 'You have attempted to create a
Scheduled Transaction which will never run. Do you really want to do this?'
even though the scheduled date is two weeks in the future. Again, why is
this and how does one overcome this?

Apart from this the scheduled transaction editor works just fine.

Currently Gnucash 2.0.5 on FC6.

--
Kind Regards,

Graeme.