New user - Inventory tracking functionality?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Aug 17 08:34:03 EDT 2007

Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com> writes:

> Why should I bother with vmware-server (what does it buy me)?  I could
> just as easily install FC7 (or CentOS 5) as a second O/S (I would need
> to scrounge disk space for its root and /usr file systems).  Actually,
> I could probably (re-)partition my 'build box', which has a large
> mostly empty drive on it.

As has already been pointed out (but I might as well say it too) -- so
you can do this development without rebooting your machine.  I
suggested "vmware-server" because it's free.  I suppose you could
choose to use Xen or something else if you prefer.  But when I
(personally) need to do development on various OSes I much prefer a
Virtualization solution instead of a multi-boot solution.