New user - Inventory tracking functionality?

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Fri Aug 17 17:27:24 EDT 2007

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007, Robert Heller wrote:
> I find it works better (for me) to just have another (cheap) box.
> Mostly because virtually all of my machines are 'impoverished' but
> current 'standards' -- I have two (older) AMD K6 machines (a K6-500
> w/256meg of RAM and a K6-400 with a little more RAM (256+64)).  I tend
> to look for machines about to land in dumpsters and/or keep them
> forever (long past their 'obsolensent' date).  Virtualization on slower
> / memory-poor machines generally does not work so well.
Absolutely. But my 'spare' machine is in another room and it just isn't
convenient, nor is it available when kids are home from Uni.
My computer is subsidised by tax concessions as gnucash is for business use
and that helps the affordability.

--
Gimme Twinkies, gimme wine,
    Gimme jeans by Calvin Kline ...

Gimme zits, take my dough,
    Gimme arsenic in my jelly roll ...
Call the devil and sell my soul,
    But Mama keep dem atoms whole!
		-- Milo Bloom, "The Split-Atom Blues," in "Bloom County"