Can't delete a transaction

Jason Yamada-Hanff jasonyh at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 14:50:27 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I have been using GnuCash 2.0.5 on Gentoo for the past few months, but have
been having a heck of a time trying to delete transactions.  Perhaps I am
doing something wrong.

When I select a transaction and hit "delete transaction", nothing happens...
no feedback, no changes.  I would expect that the transaction would have
been deleted.  I can select a split and delete that (or at least get
feedback on why I cannot), but deleting a transaction itself just doesn't
work.

What am I doing wrong?  I am assuming this is not a bug and I just don't
grok the interface here.  Thanks for the help!

-Jason