how to search and replace transfer account

womble wandering.womble at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 03:12:51 EDT 2007

Hi all-

I've recently imported a large qfx file, which resulted in many
transactions being transfers to an 'imbalance' account.

Is there anyway to search and replace the transfer account?

e.g. search all transactions with a description containing 'starbucks'
and make the transfer account 'Expenses:Dining:Coffee' (instead of
'Imbalance'.)

I'm hoping this is possible (even if I have to write/hack a python
script...) as I have several thousand transactions to go through.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Julian