Fails to start on a Mac OSX10.4.8

Steven Smith padril.estel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 09:01:49 EDT 2007

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction with this problem.

I followed the instructions on the wiki page for installing Gnucash using
Macports. The installation went through without any errors.

Unfortunately I'm unable to start Gnucash up at all. If I try 'gnucash' I
get the following error message.

dyld: Symbol not found: __cg_jpeg_resync_to_restart
>   Referenced from:
> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/ImageIO
>   Expected in: /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.62.dylib

If I try 'gnucash-bin' however I get a little further. The following error
message appears in xterm.

gnc.bin-Message: main: binreloc relocation support was disabled at configure
> time.

The splash screen then appears but I get a dialog popup reporting a crash.

Hopefully someone can point out what i've done wrong as I have very little
experience with this sort problem.

Thank you.

Steve