Printer not listed

petrus_1928 petrus1928 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 06:33:59 EDT 2007

Greetings from Queensland's Sunshine Coast. I'd appreciate some help in
solving a printer problem.
I can't print 'cos Gnucash: 1.8.12 doesn't recognise my default Epson C45
printer.
My system is Ubuntu 'Dapper Drake'.
When I elect to print anything in Gnucash, the initial 'print gnucash
document' box shows:-
Name: generic postscript,  Printer: lpr,  State: printer is ready to print,
Type: application/postscript
Location: blank,  Comment: optimized
Clicking on 'printer name opens a list, but the C45 is not present.
Clicking 'preview' shows a nicely formatted page.  Clicking 'print' -
nuttin' happens.
And there's nothing in the settings to select a different printer. It may be
necessary to manually edit a configuration file to make the default printer
available.
However, I can 'print' to a pdf file, then print that. But that's a tad
unwieldly.
I'd greatly appreciate some assistance in correctly setting up my printer.