Fails to start on a Mac OSX10.4.8

Marc André Selig mas at macports.org
Wed Aug 22 12:15:36 EDT 2007

On 8/22/07, Steven Smith <padril.estel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately I'm unable to start Gnucash up at all. If I try 'gnucash' I
> get the following error message.
>
> dyld: Symbol not found: __cg_jpeg_resync_to_restart
> >   Referenced from:
> > /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/ImageIO
> >   Expected in: /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.62.dylib

For some reason, starting with 2.2.0, GnuCash on OS X seems to be
using ImageIO.framework instead of libjpeg as installed in
/opt/local/lib.  Since ImageIO is not normally part of your
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH, and since /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.62.dylib is not
binary compatible, this fails.  I have not investigated the problem
completely, but a workaround is available in the MacPorts version of
2.2.1 (as well as in fink).

Please try

sudo port selfupdate; sudo port upgrade gnucash

and try again.

Regards,
Marc