Hang on startup

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 24 08:58:11 EDT 2007

start with gnucash --nofile, then use the file menu to open your
datafile

I opened a bug on this -- the persistent splash screen prevents the
warning about a locked datafile from appearing so you can tell
gnucash to "open anyway". If your last session ended badly, the data
file lock isn't released, and the next time you open gnucash you
should get a warning about the possibility that the data file is
already in use. Most users always click the "open anyway" button in
this dialog. But the dialog never shows now that the splash screen is
set to display until the file opens.

--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net