Setting Up On-Line Banking with the AqHCBI wizard

Derek Tattersall lizzard at newsguy.com
Sun Aug 26 18:02:14 EDT 2007

I am trying to set up on-line banking in Gnucash 2.0.5. aqofxconnect is
version 2.1.0. I cannot get it to work.

So I have a couple of questions:

I ran the getfidata.sh script, and got the OFX information for my bank.
The information was in a file named 5916.xml. I assume that 5916 number
that goes in the FID field correct?

It almost works at this point. I have filled out the ABA number, my
username, the URL, all that stuff. I then press the get accounts button,
and I am prompted for my password. It looks like I am getting logged in
correctly, but ...

I get this error:

6:2007/08/26 17-39-14:(null)(25976):qbanking.cpp:  414: 02: OFX: General
error (Invalid FID sent in Request)

So, looking more closely at the file 5916.xml, it says that the FID is

<FID>253177832</FID>

Which is the ABA routing number. If I put this number into the
aqofxconnect wizard's FID field, it chokes. aqofxconnect doesn't like
FID fields greater than 5 characters apparently

ALso, there are 2 fields in the xml file:

<FIPID>5916</FIPID>
<FID>253177832</FID>

What is the difference between a FID and a FIPID?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Derek Tattersall                    lizzard at newsguy.com