anyone found a pocket pc program to sync with gnucash?

Dave Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 27 11:58:16 EDT 2007

John Griessen wrote:
> David Reiser wrote:
>> I use PocketMoney on a Palm, but there is also a PocketPC version.
>>
>> www.catamount.com
>>
>> The qif files it exports work fine for me. I can't remember what I
>> did to get the original file structure entered, but it wasn't manual
>> keyboard entry of each account.
>
> Do you merge the PDA data back into a gnucash file?  Recipe details?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John Griessen

In fact, I only go PDA-->gnucash, I don't fully sync. There is some
provision for syncing, but my palm doesn't have enough memory for that
to make sense for me.

In the Palm realm, whenever I sync the Palm to my Mac, the PocketMoney
conduit appends any data added since the last sync to a qif file on the
Mac (or it creates a new file if you delete the last transfer). I then
just import the qif from the gnucash menu choice. As long as I remember
to go delete the qif, then I never have to worry about duplicates.

There's probably some preference setting in the conduit to make it
create the qif. I can go back and dig through that if having the palm
sync info makes any sense in the pocketPC realm.

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net