Accounting question - provision for expense

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Fri Aug 31 22:00:56 EDT 2007

I don't like asking accounting questions on a list that should be devoted to
the program, but everybody does it, so here goes :)

We want to save for our daughter's wedding in 6 months.  A separate bank
account would be ideal, but we don't have one.   If I transfer cash from my
bank account to a provision, the bank account won't reconcile.   I think
(without looking) that Quicken has a feature where I can hide part of the
amount at credit, but I know of no similar feature in Gnucash.  I do really
want to hide the amount set aside, because seeing the lower balance is better
psychologically.

Is there any other way I can achieve this?

Doug.
Registered Linux User.
--
Books are good enough in their own way; but they are
a mighty bloodless substitute for life.