Importing qif - "the file contains an unknown action"

Some user sendspam at mailinator.com
Tue Dec 4 21:30:50 EST 2007

I just tried to import a QIF file exported from Quicken 2006.  It pops up
with many, many message boxes, each saying "The file contains an unknown
action", and warning me that some transactions may not be imported.

There were at least three "unknown actions" with such messages: "Cash",
"ContribX", and "WithdrwX" (or something like that).

Uh, WTF?

Any help would be appreciated.