Importing qif - "the file contains an unknown action"

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Dec 4 22:58:03 EST 2007

Quoting Some user <sendspam at mailinator.com>:

> I just tried to import a QIF file exported from Quicken 2006.  It pops up
> with many, many message boxes, each saying "The file contains an unknown
> action", and warning me that some transactions may not be imported.
>
> There were at least three "unknown actions" with such messages: "Cash",
> "ContribX", and "WithdrwX" (or something like that).
>
> Uh, WTF?

Well, if you had tried to read the archives you would have seen that
those actions aren't supported, but there's a patch to support them
and that patch has recently been commited to Subversion, and that
patch will be in 2.2.2.