Importing qif - "the file contains an unknown action"

Ian Lewis ianmlewis at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 23:18:30 EST 2007

CC'ing the mailing list.

This is that issue that Charles Day recently pointed out where ContribX,
WithdrwX and Cash don't get handled by Gnucash properly. I believe he
submitted a patch already so it should be fixed in the next released version
of gnucash.

In the meantime, try replacing all the 'ContribX's with 'XIn', 'WithdrwX's
with 'XOut', and 'Cash' with 'MiscExp' in the QIF and reimport.