Importing qif - "the file contains an unknown action"

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 01:43:35 EST 2007

On Dec 4, 2007 8:18 PM, Ian Lewis <ianmlewis at gmail.com> wrote:

> In the meantime, try replacing all the 'ContribX's with 'XIn', 'WithdrwX's
> with 'XOut', and 'Cash' with 'MiscExp' in the QIF and reimport.

I should have thought of that... easier than installing the code changes if
you're only dealing with a few QIF files. But a small correction: 'Cash'
should be replaced with 'MiscInc' rather than 'MiscExp'. Otherwise the sign
will be reversed. If you make these changes to your QIF file, then you can
import using 2.2.1 as installed.

-Charles