Can't process a payment

Karl Grant karlgrant06 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 18:08:50 EST 2007

I have encountered a similar problem, but found that simply clicking on the
account combo-box and proceeding works for me. Never had the program lock up
though, and I never tried highlighting the account and I only have the one
A/R account so I don't know if the problem is exactly the same.

Karl
PS
Using 2.2.1 in Ubuntu gusty

On 06/12/2007, Scott Ackerman <lists at scott-ackerman.com> wrote:

> I just tried to enter a payment from a customer, the transaction has
> been posted. After I select the Customer and Select the invoice, enter
> the Num and Memo Fields I get a popup message saying "you must select a
> transfer account from the account tree". The only account that is
> available is root account:assets:accounts receivable and I can't
> scroll/select any other account. Highlighting that account doesn't work
> either. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program to no
> avail. After a couple of minutes the whole program locks up, I have to
> use task manager in Windows to force quit. I am using 2.2.1 and I also
> the data files installed on a linux server. I have tried the same
> operations from the Linux version of GnuCash and get the exact same
> response. Since you can't edit the A/R account directly this kind of
> creates a very real problem. Any ideas?
>
> --
> Scott Ackerman
> 1212 Baker Street
> Fort Collins, Colorado 80524
> Office 970-689-3999
> Cell 970-231-9035
> Fax 888-290-2131
> www.us-able.com
>
> "The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but
> what they become by it." - John Ruskin

Karl