QIF Import created spurious accounts

Ian Lewis ianmlewis at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 21:52:34 EST 2007

I figured out that it created the new accounts as Japanese Yen (my main
currency is in Yen) even though I was importing into accounts that are in
American Dollars. How does the QIF importer select the currency? It never
gives me a prompt to select it if I just go strait through. Another strange
thing is that if I hit the back button towards the end it takes me to it.

Something like,
Select File -> Select Account Name -> Add other files -> Select QIF Accounts
-> Select Category -> Select the accounts the payments go to -> Apply screen
<- Empty duplicates screen <- Select currency.

But I never had the duplicates or currency form come up to begin with so how
could I go back to them?

--
Ian Lewis
ianlewis at member.fsf.org