Sale doesn't show up in Income:Sales

Georg Schneider georg at gastaldi.net
Sun Dec 9 01:11:40 EST 2007

Hi,

I have setup gnucash to use it in a small business. I have created 2
invoices, posted them to Account Receivables and processed the
payment. The amounts now show up in the bank account but there is no
corresponding entry in Income:Sales and as such no Profit being shown,
just my assets have increased.

I have to add that the sale was in a different currency than the
default currency, but I have set up the exchange rate and gnucash
correctly converts the amount for the calculation of total assets. Am
I making a conceptual mistake here, but I thought that the sale has to
show up somewhere in an income account as well?

Thanks for your help

Georg