Sale doesn't show up in Income:Sales

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Dec 9 03:39:02 EST 2007

Hi,

Quoting Georg Schneider <georg at gastaldi.net>:

> Hi,
>
> I have setup gnucash to use it in a small business. I have created 2
> invoices, posted them to Account Receivables and processed the
> payment. The amounts now show up in the bank account but there is no
> corresponding entry in Income:Sales and as such no Profit being shown,
> just my assets have increased.
>
> I have to add that the sale was in a different currency than the
> default currency, but I have set up the exchange rate and gnucash
> correctly converts the amount for the calculation of total assets. Am
> I making a conceptual mistake here, but I thought that the sale has to
> show up somewhere in an income account as well?

The business code doesn't handle multiple currencies.  The Customer
Currency (when you select the customer for the invoice) must match
the currency of the A/R and Income accounts.  In your case it sounds
like the three currencies do NOT match, which would result in the
error you see.

Please read the archives for more information, as I've answered
the question quite recently.