gnucash -help crashes

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 00:53:32 EST 2007

> I realized by accident that starting GnuCash 2.2.1 with a "-help" option (as
> opposed to "--help") causes a crash, at least on Windows XP.  If I launch
> from within dbg, the signal received is SIGTRAP, which seems very odd since
> I never set any breakpoints.
>
> Any ideas, or shall I file a bug report? I couldn't find anything similar in
> Bugzilla.

My guess is that this happens because glib was compiled with debugging turned
on (G_ENABLE_DEBUG). So instead of quitting cleanly, you crash with a SIGTRAP
signal when g_error() is called. If my theory is right, then maybe some of the
other "GnuCash crashes when X happens" bugs are coming from this.

If it's worth any further discussion, maybe this ought to move over to the
developer mailing list. I don't know how to move this there, or even how to
properly reply to my own original post, I'm afraid.

Cheers,
Charles