Reports will not show income accounts

Donald Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 08:43:16 EST 2007

On Dec 16, 2007 8:25 AM, Walter Sams <walter at samsco.biz> wrote:
> I recently imported my quicken checkbook file into gnu cash  ( v 2.2.1  on
> Mandriva 2008 machine)
>
> all is well until I try and create a report that shows income
> with all reports showing income accounts, I get an error saying no accounts
> selected.  (I have reconciled the accounts and all balances are correct.)
>
> I then open the options on the report and select all assets
>
> hit the apply button and get the same error.
>
> Is there somewhere in the setup that I failed to tell the program that
> assets:income:Salary should be placed on a report that shows income?
>
> Thank you for any help you can give with such limited information

I'm not a gnucash developer and thus know the behavior of the program
only as a (happy) user, not from a knowledge of the code. But I'd
suggest checking the account type of, say, assets:income:Salary -- it
should be 'INCOME'. If not, change it to 'INCOME' and try the report
again. I'm guessing the report that you are trying to generate
restricts itself to income accounts. I may be wrong, but the test is
easy.

/Don