Reports will not show income accounts

Walter Sams walter at samsco.biz
Sun Dec 16 09:48:44 EST 2007

On Sunday 16 December 2007 9:31:38 am Mike or Penny Novack wrote:
> >I then open the options on the report and select all assets
>
> Walter, your problem might have nothing to do with GnuCash but instead
> with accounting concepts
>
> "income" accounts would NOT be "asset" accounts. In other words, this is
> a wrong chart of accounts "assets:income:Salary". Instead, "salary"
> should be of account type "income" (a temporary category.

VOILA,  in lies the problem  (  it is not GNU cash )

the user  ( me )  set up all income accounts under asset  ( why---dont know,
just thought I would change 700 years of accounting principals)
when I corrected the setup of income accounts my reports begin to make sense
I am in the process of using the help tool to check all accounts for setup
issues.

Thank you all

Walter

Let's say you