What's your favorite year end method?

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Mon Dec 17 18:10:16 EST 2007

"Donald Allen" <donaldcallen at gmail.com> writes:
> But it sounds from what you are saying that "being nice" would require
> an extra release cycle, and thus delay things a bit. I'm not taking a
> position one way or another at this point, just trying to be sure I
> understand what the tradeoffs are.

Right; while "being nice", there is – at least – one more release that
depends on guile required, just to parse saved reports/options, even if the
reports aren't implemented in scheme at that point.

But it probably won't be an "extra" cycle ... the reports (separate from the
options), the QIF importer, some of the main/bootstrapping code and even some
of the register logic¹ (!) also require scheme.  So, I'm sure we'll have the
dep for couple/few releases, yet, unless the number of dev cycles increases
dramatically.

¹: When copy/paste-ing a Transaction in the register, the routines that
actually copy the Transaction/Split data across are implemented in scheme.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}