What's your favorite year end method?

Lincoln A. Baxter lab at lincolnbaxter.com
Fri Dec 21 10:56:52 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 16:20 -0500, Josh Sled wrote:
> As for the reports themselves, I don't think I want to leave it up to
> "any swig-ified language", so much as have the community pick a single
> preferred language, at least for the distributed set of reports.  The
> motivation against leaving it open-ended is
> distribution-packager/maintenance
> burden of depending now not on guile+slib, but on *all* of
> {perl,python,ruby,haskell,guile+slib,…} for the menagerie of reports
> that
> were contributed.

$0.02: Would you consider supporting several major "swig-ified"
languages?  Perl support might motivate me to be interested in
contributing some (non-work time) time.  Perl's Finance-Quote module is
already integrated (a plus for supporting Perl).  I'm already a CPAN
author (not very active these days) but I'd be very interested in
reviewing/contributing to a Perl OO reporting module, and certainly know
how to do perl module development.  I'm sure I do not have the time to
do it all.

Lincoln