What's your favorite year end method?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Dec 23 12:12:24 EST 2007

"Lincoln A. Baxter" <lab at lincolnbaxter.com> writes:

> $0.02: Would you consider supporting several major "swig-ified"
> languages?  Perl support might motivate me to be interested in

No, that's a non-starter.  Supporting multiple wrappers around
a library makes sense in order to write applications in multiple
languages that use that library.  E.g., it makes sense to have
multiple language wrappers around libsubversion in order to write
SVN apps in Python, PERL, Java, etc.   However, it doesn't make
sense as a plugin language, which is what we're talking about here.
The application needs to actually have support for the plugin language,
so it doubles the work for each language you need to support.

So, no, we wouldn't consider supporting more than one swig-ified
language for plugins.  Basically, we need to pick one language and
stick with it for all internal reports.