print to pdf file size

Heather Daley gnucash at joyful.limedaley.com
Mon Dec 24 13:53:33 EST 2007

When including images in my invoices, the pdf that is created with "print
to pdf" in the print dialogue has a massive file size.  I found one small
thread from 2004 in the archives
(http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnome.apps.gnucash.user/10771) that
describes exactly what is happening, but the solution of printing to ps
and converting to pdf does not work for me because the image does not come
out correctly.

I have tried just exporting to html, but then the source for the image is
on my local system and customers viewing the invoices on the web get a
broken image.  I have not found a way to tell gnucash to use an image from
a webpage.

Any other ideas?  (I'm running gnucash 2.2.1 on Debian)

Heather, full of Joy

"Joy is the royal standard floating from the flagstaff of the heart,
                   telling us that the King is in residence."
                                         -Anonymous