What's your favorite year end method?

Roger McCalman gnucash at runcircle.co.uk
Mon Dec 24 15:06:36 EST 2007

On Mon, Dec 24, 2007 at 10:00:29AM -0800, David Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 24, 2007 at 10:10:06AM -0500, Mike or Penny Novack wrote:
>
> >How about a "requirement" that whatever language is chosen have been
> >around for at least 10-20 years? Proven its usefulness over time and not
> >just the latest fad in programming languages.

I would design the plugin mechanism to be language independent. By
defining either a simple API and/or a socket/stdin/stdout interface
plugins could be written in any language, the only requirement is
to meet the requirements of the interface.

I personally have written a couple of simple perl scripts that
process the XML and output a textual summary useful for filling in
the UK VAT report.

Cheers, Roger