What's your favorite year end method?

David Brown gnucash at davidb.org
Mon Dec 24 13:00:29 EST 2007

On Mon, Dec 24, 2007 at 10:10:06AM -0500, Mike or Penny Novack wrote:

>How about a "requirement" that whatever language is chosen have been
>around for at least 10-20 years? Proven its usefulness over time and not
>just the latest fad in programming languages.

Python is about 16, and Perl about 20.  I don't think maturity is a concern
for either of those languages.  I would not describe either as a fad.

If someone decides to choose between Perl and Python, I suggest quering
programmers who have developed and maintained code in both languages.  It's
not a real hard choice :-)

Dave