Scheduled transaction crash - shows wrong version?

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Fri Dec 28 09:50:32 EST 2007

Mandriva doesn't install under /etc/bin, but under /usr/bin.   Libraries are
under  /usr/lib/gnucash/  and so on.

I wouuld endorse your recommendation, Derek.  The OP has already done the
equivalent of "rpm -e" the 2.05 installation, but it still needs the source
version cleaned out.   I would then search for any remaining gnucash
directories or files and delete them before reinstalling the source version.

With two "gnucash" executables, the RPM one in /usr/bin and the source one
in /usr/local/bin, results are unpredictable.  Both are in the user's path.
At one time I had two versions installed, and I could choose my version by
selecting the appropriate executable,  but I would not recommend it.  When I
install from source, I almost always run ./configure with the "--prefix=/usr"
flag to put everything where Mandriva expects it to be.
(Type "./configure --help" to see other options.)  That should overwrite any
remnants of the old installation as well.

As a last test, perhaps Jim could type "/usr/local/bin/gnucash" and see what
happens...  There can be a strange effect when one executable has been
in /usr/bin and a more recent one in /usr/local/bin, that the simple
command "gnucash" goes looking for the old one.

HTH,

Doug.