Anybody got aqbanking working on OS X?

Jeff Carneal jeff-ml at soldmy.net
Sat Feb 3 22:30:21 EST 2007

Ok, so like I said, I'm new to gnucash.  I just got around today to
giving the OFX direct connect stuff a shot and I cannot for the life
of me get aqbanking to behave.

I've installed version 2.2.6 of aqbanking and libofx 0.8.3 and qt
3.3.7.  I got everything to compile, but everytime I try to start the
AqHCBI wizard the window for it pops up but is completely
unresponsive.  I cannot select anything, nor click any buttons, nor
even move the window.  It's like it's caught in an infinite loop and
will not accept any user input.  Manually running 'qt3-wizard' does
the same thing, fwiw, so it doesn't appear to be a gnucash problem
but I figured I ask here anyway.

I've tried installing with and without qt thread support and both do
the same thing.  I downgraded to aqbanking 2.2.4 and got the same
result.  I looked at fink and darwinports but the fink version of
aqbanking is something like 1.0 beta and darwinports cannot find an
aqbanking port even though one is listed on their site.

I don't know what else to try at this point.  Any ideas?

Jeff

PS - OS X 10.4.8 with gcc 4.0.1.