Cash ledger reports

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 09:01:45 EST 2007

On 2/3/07, Dave Smith <dave.smith at tstt.net.tt> wrote:

> >> Yes, I've looked at them all. They suit our purposes internally but
> >> the the legal requirements of our Trade Union legislation which is
> >> very old and doesn't seem to have heard of computers.
> >
> > Silly "formatting legislation"..  :)
>
> I think we will campaign to change the law because we don't have the
> programming skills. It's a stupid law anyway.

Alternatively, depending upon the resources of your union, you might
consider paying a programmer to create the report. I suspect it might
not be a difficult job if you find a person already familiar with
scheme.

Another option might be to ask at a local university if they could
appoint a student intern to the task. They would be working for class
credit and the reimbursement would be worked out between you and the
department.

If you pay for a report, it's up to you whether to release it
publicly, though that might be nice, too...