Cash ledger reports

Robert Smits bob at rsmits.ca
Sun Feb 4 14:14:56 EST 2007

On Friday 02 February 2007 15:09, Dave Smith wrote:
> I've just started to use GnuCash for running some accounts for s trade
> union. Our Government appointed auditor is requiring us to produce
> reports in the form of a cash ledger. Is this possible? I've been
> through all the default reports and searched this archive and I can't
> see a answer.

Just out of curiosity, Dave, where are you located? I'm surprised your
government is finding it necessary to intrude so much in internal affairs of
a union.

> Has any else found it necessary to produce reports in this formate and
> found a solution?

I do the books for a Labour Council here on Vancouver Island, and we find that
the general ledger, the cash flow report, and the various individual account
books (chequing, political action, etc) are sufficient for our trustees to
ensure that all the funds have been properly accounted for and properly
spent.

I presume your auditor is not able to load gnucash because he or she is using
Windoze? I wonder if there's been any progress in getting a Windows version
of Gnucash that they might be able to look at?

Otherwise, can you ascertain whether this is because the auditor is simply
behind the times, or do the Generally Accepted Principles of Accounting (or
whatever is the equivalent in your country) require this format?

Perhaps someone at your national central labour organization can assist.