turning off auto-fill

Terry Therneau therneau at mayo.edu
Thu Feb 8 15:43:40 EST 2007

 I'm coming to gnucash from many years on an old DOS version of quicken (run
in a dosemu box), whose main endearing feature was a lack of mouse interaction.
This is much faster for a touch typist.

  In gnucash, the tab key does two things: move to the next field, and also
invokes auto-fill.  In my situation, the auto fill is wrong over 1/3 of the
time, and it takes far more time to erase a bad one than to type a new one,
especially when the old transaction was a split.

  Is there a way to separate these two functions?  Per my first sentence,
"change fields with the mouse" is not a desireable solution; but it is the
only one I found in the documents.  The best possible solution would be a
split into 2 key stokes: tab moves and alt-whatever invokes a fill.

  	Terry Therneau
  	therneau.terry at mayo.edu