Force reconciliation on a per transaction basis?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Feb 11 16:44:43 EST 2007

Quoting Brian Talley <b225ccc at gmail.com>:

> One problem I've always had with GnuCash is that it doesn't seem like
> there is a way to force a transaction as reconciled.  I realize this
> probably violates every good accounting practice, but there are
> instances where it would come in very handy for me.
>
> So, is there a way?  Even if I couldn't do it from the GUI, I would
> still be interested to know.

No, because it violates every good accounting practice.  Why on EARTH
would you want to do this?  It's not like you get a bank statement
every day against which you can reconcile.  Perhaps you don't understand
what the "Cleared" state is for?

I'll note that if you edited the data file you could make changes, but
doing so violates your warranty ;)