Force reconciliation on a per transaction basis?

Brian Talley b225ccc at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 17:11:33 EST 2007

There have been times in the past that I wanted to do this - the
details I can't recall anymore.  But, let's take my current scenario:

I switch to GnuCash in October, 2006.  At the time of switch, I go
back to say August, 2006 and start entering transactions.  As I work
through these statements, all the accounts I think I need get created
and everything balances/reconciles, etc.  Then, let's say, in February
2007, I realized the way I've been tracking my auto loan hasn't been
sufficient and I want to modify it.  At the same time, I feel like I
have a good grip on what I'm doing and I want to go back through
December, 2005 (the origination date) and enter all the data about my
loan.  It's only one payment per month, so it's not that big of a deal
to go back and enter the information.  But, as you see where I'm
going, the payments I entered that occurred between December 2005 and
August 2006 aren't reconciled.  In this case, TO ME, it seems logical
to just force the transactions as reconciled.

Thanks,

--
Brian Talley
(970) 689 - 0108