Too many .log and .xac files

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Wed Feb 14 16:09:13 EST 2007

On Thursday 15 February 2007 06:43, Josh Sled wrote:
> I also think the default value of retaining 30 days worth of backups is
> way overkill, and leads to more user irritation than safety.  As such,
> I've been meaning to propose lowering it to 1 for future releases.
> Objection?

You may not find a data loss problem until reconciliation. Because some
things, like statements come at about 30 day intervals you could have not
enough backups.
They were a user of hard drive space before they were compressed. My whole
gnucash directory is less than 40MB, which in the days of 200GB+ HDD is not a
lot. 5MB of that is last years account summaries before I burnt to CD. I
haven't archived anything and have over 10 years of data.

--
Life is wasted on the living.
		-- The Restaurant at the Edge of the Universe.