Building -2.0.4: Configuration Error

Mark Johnson mrj001 at shaw.ca
Thu Feb 15 12:28:58 EST 2007

Rich Shepard wrote:

>On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Derek Atkins wrote:
>

>>You should send this to your distribution -- there's a packaging error
>>where g-wrap-devel isn't depending on the libffi development package.
>>You're missing ffi.
>>

>derek,
>
>   Thank you, I'll follow up on this.
>
>   When I look for libffi I find
>
>/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/3.4.6/include/libffi
>/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/3.4.6/include/libffi/ffitarget.h

This shows that you do have the ffitarget.h file.  You need to ensure
that this path is searched by the compiler.  I'm guessing that adding
something like "-I libffi" to your CFLAGS might do it.  Also,
Slackware's build scripts do their configure like:
$ configure ...... i486-slackware-linux
This results in some warnings, but might be relevant.

>/usr/lib/libffi.la
>/usr/lib/libffi.so
>/usr/lib/libffi.so.4
>/usr/lib/libffi.a
>/usr/lib/libffi-2.00-beta.so
>
>   So I'll ask the folks who put g-wrap together about the problem.
>
>Rich

Mark