Reconsile account and subaccount is broken by user activity

Stephen Torri storri at torri.org
Thu Feb 15 12:40:46 EST 2007

I believe that I have achieve some sort of instability in my gnucash
data file. I do believe is most likely user induced. I was trying to
reconcile the present month when I noticed that a previous month
transaction was not reconciled (e.g. its 'R' field says 'n'). When I
attempted to look at the previous reconciled statement by changing the
statement date then beginning balance remained unchanged. The only way
to clear this was to reconcile the subaccount in which the transaction
appeared. This changed the beginning balance on the reconcile window and
hence my trouble. I do not know how to fix my account so that the
beginning is correct.

So my problem is my beginning balance in the reconciled window is wrong
for the parent account. I think it was because I reconciled the child
account. How do I fix the issue?

Stephen