Reconsile account and subaccount is broken by user activity

Stephen Torri storri at torri.org
Thu Feb 15 18:45:17 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 22:55 +0000, Maf. King wrote:
> I think you don't have to worry about the opening balance if your accounts
> might be messed up.
>
> GnuCash calculates the opening balance, so if you think your data is messed
> up, you know that the calculation might be wrong too!
>
> If the end balance matches the statement after reconciling normally (but you
> might need to check older statements/transactions too - if they are in the
> reconcile dialog box) then you will have fixed some errors in your file.
> Everything should be OK next month.
>
> HTH,
> Maf.

Even with GnuCash calculating the beginning balance for the period I
find that I have a problem. When I took the bank statement and checked
off what in the statement I found that I had a 341.55 difference saying
I need more transactions sayings funds were taken out. When I did the
reconciliation, before I did the sub-account reconciliation, the
beginning balance was spot on with the bank. They only problem then was
this transaction that was not capture in the previous month's
reconciliation for some reason. Now GnuCash will not let me finish the
reconcilation process until the difference between the Funds In and
Funds Out is zero.

Stephen