Gnucash-2.0.5 Run Error

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Feb 21 22:24:39 EST 2007

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007, Rich Shepard wrote:

>>>   2)  Is Gnucash sensitive to the slib version installed?
>>
>> Yes...  BUT 2.0.5 SHOULD be less sensitive. The error above implies
>> that guile + slib aren't playing nice... Or you didn't build the
>> slibcat file after installing it all by hand.

   Sure enough, the slibcat file is gone. I have removed all of guile-1.8.x
and re-installed guile-1.6.7. I found that there is a 'mklibcat.scm' but no
instructions for how to run it; the implication is that it is run
automatically when slib is installed. That does not seem to be the case
here.

   What I see now when gnucash tries to load is:

ERROR: Could not find slib/require.scm in  ("/usr/share/guile/site"
"/usr/local/share/gnucash/guile-modules" "/usr/local/share/gnucash/scm" ""
"/usr/share/guile/site" "/usr/share/guile/1.6" "/usr/share/guile" ".")

   Well, I installed slib in /usr/local/lib. Then I copied it to
/usr/share/guile/site. 'require.scm' is now in /usr/share/guile/site, but
gnucash still cannot find it.

   This seems to me to be a simple fix, but I don't know quite how to tell
gnucash that require.scm is just where it first looks for it. And, yes, I
rebuild guncash between trials.

Suggestions?

Rich