Gnucash-2.0.5 Run Error

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Feb 23 16:32:51 EST 2007

Quoting Mark Johnson <mrj001 at shaw.ca>:

> Josh Sled wrote:
>
>> At the same time, it does duplicate a bit of the detail of
>> configure.in ... which is actually authoritative about which dependent
>> packages and versions are required.
>>

> Ah, but configure.in does not (and quite possibly should not due to the
> added complexity) test for versions of dependencies which break
> gnucash.  For example, certain versions of slib, or version 1.9.7 of
> g-wrap.  Documenting these in README.dependencies would be a good idea.

Actually, configure.in SHOULD test for g-wrap 1.9.7...   But it's not
worth worrying about now because the 2.1/2.2 series wont be using g-wrap
anymore.

As for the broken slib, we BELIEVE that 2.0.5 (and trunk) should work
fine with slib 3a4, provided you make the appropriate distribution
changes so that guile will actually LOAD 3a4 properly.