Gnucash-2.0.5 Build Error

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Feb 27 11:43:29 EST 2007

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   At least the g-wrap problem is fixed. Your suggestion to run pkg-config
> --libs revealed the lack of a datarootdir, and that was the cause of the
> problem.

   Re-running the one-liner to recreate slibcat fixed the last configure
problem. Unfortuately, there are unresolved symbol references in various
gnome libraries, despite them all being of the current and equal versions
and freshly built.

   So, here's the list of packages I used and a few notes. I cannot take any
more time with this.

   The following are the libraries used to configure and build Gnucash-2.0.5
on Slackware-11.0. Some Slackware packages were obtained from the Dropline
Gnome site and some from the Freerock Gnome site. The rest were built
locally.

libgoffice-0.3.6
glib2-2.12.9
libgsf-1.14.3
libxml2-2.6.27
libbonobo-2.16.0
libbonoboui-2.16.0
gnome-vfs-2.0-2.16.3
pango-1.14.10
libofx-0.8.3
gconf-2.16.0
gtk+2-2.8.20
libart-lgpl-2.3.17
libgnomecups-0.2.2 (for following)
libgnomeprint-2.12.1
libgnomeprintui-2.12.1
libaudiofile-0.2.6 (for following)
libgnomeui-2.16.1
cairo-1.2.4
libglade-2.6.0
gtkhtml-3.8.2
gnome-icon-themes-1.6.8
guile-1.6.7
g-wrap-1.9.6
slib-3.1.1 (slib3a1)

   There may be some others not explicitly identified in README.dependencies
or discovered missing during installation of the above. If so, those were
already on my system as part of the normal Slackware distribution.

   The order in which the last two are installed is immaterial. But, it's
important to run the guile commands for both (found on Judah Milgram's web
page) as well as the SLIB install commands 'make infoz' and 'make install'.

   Hope this helps in the future.

Rich