gnucash-docs-2.0.1.tar.gz

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Mon Jan 1 09:07:42 EST 2007

At Mon, 1 Jan 2007 20:35:33 +1100 Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws at hotkey.net.au> wrote:

> The new RPM specification needs LICENSE: instead of Copyright.  In a .spec
> file, this appears as
>
> LICENSE: GPL   #(for example)
>
> Change Copyright to License.  If you don't have a .spec file, I don't know
> what you should do.

There is a .spec file (actually .spec.in) in the tar file.  You would
unpack the tar file:

tar xzvf gnucash-docs-2.0.1.tar.gz

Then edit the .spec.in file

cd gnucash-docs-2.0.1
emacs gnucash-docs.spec.in

<fix the copyright / LICENSE problem -- it will be near the beginning of
the file>

^X^S		(Save the file)
^X^C		(exit emacs)

Then do:

./configure
make dist

This makes a fresh tarball.

mv gnucash-docs-2.0.1.tar.gz ..
cd ..
rm -rf gnucash-docs-2.0.1

Now you should be able to rebuild it:

rpmbuild -tb gnucash-docs-2.0.1.tar.gz

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933
Deepwoods Software        -- Linux Installation and Administration