2 Reports Questions

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 4 12:29:26 EST 2007

Quoting JUNIPER <snijuniper at comcast.net>:

>   1. My main accounts window has accounts with up to 9 sub-accounts
> listed beneath them. The master account shows the total from all of the
> sub-accounts, but when I try to create a report selecting a number of
> the master accounts the values of those accounts appear as zero. This
> seems like a flaw. (I can, of course, select all of the sub-accounts to
> get the total but it would be preferable to just select the master
> accounts.)

This is correct behavior.  Reports act on individual accounts.  You
can select the "select subaccounts" and then limit the number of
subaccounts displayed to get the behavior in the reports that you
desire.  But reports don't work recursively.

>   2. When I create a report, as above, I have been unable to discover
> how I can save the report so that I can get that information with a
> single click or two instead of having to completely redo everything.

Change the report name (to something like "My Foo Report") and then
click on the "Save Report" button.